These people are waiting to ‘get on’ the bus. This is a tour bus. It has two levels so it is called a ‘double decker’ bus.
Here are questions about the picture:
- What city are they visiting?
- What season do you think it is?
- What places do you think they will visit?
- If you were going to get on this bus, where would you like to sit?
- Have you ever been on a tour bus before? Where were you? What did you see
Get on / Get off:
English, we ‘get on’ the bus. We get on the train. We get on the subway. We get on the plane. We get on the boat or ferry. We also get on the swing, on the roller coaster, and on the ferris wheel.
We also get off the bus, train, subway, plane and ferry. We get off the swing, roller coaster and the ferris wheel. We also use ‘get off’ to tell someone or something to move. For example:
- Get off the bed. ( I say this to my kids all the time!)
- Get off the couch.
- Get off me. / Get off her. / Get off him.
Have questions? Send me a comment. Have fun studying English!